Child Support

Under Missouri law, the amount of child support a noncustodial parent will be ordered to pay will be determined by a formula which calculates a variety of factors. As a family law attorney with years of experience, it is sometimes hard to see the expression on people's faces when they realize that the amount will be determined by the courts, not by their emotional anger toward the other parent.

If child support is a factor in your pending divorce, or if you need assistance with an enforcement issue, call my office to discuss your concerns: 573-303-3015.

Options For Unmarried Parents

I often handle child custody and support issues as part of a divorce, but more and more people are having children out of wedlock and this results in unique legal challenges when parents split up. I have extensive experience helping unmarried parents protect their rights and their children.

Married men are assumed to be the father of any child born in wedlock, and they automatically have rights and responsibilities to any such children. Unmarried men, however, have no automatic parental rights or responsibilities.

Are you an unmarried father who wants custody or visitation rights? Even if you are currently paying child support, you have no legal right to see your child or make decisions about his or her upbringing unless you establish paternity.

Are you an unmarried mother who needs to obtain child support? You may need to file a paternity action.

I help clients on all sides of these cases. As your lawyer, I will help you understand your rights and options and work to get the best outcome for you and your children.

Contact my office in Ste. Genevieve, Crystal City or Sunset Hills, Missouri. I advise and represent clients in custody, visitation and child support matters throughout St. Francois County, Ste. Genevieve County, Perry County and the surrounding areas.