Child Custody

Parents play critical roles in the lives of their children. I am Jackie Gonz, and I have known that I wanted to be a lawyer since age 7 - when I witnessed my parents' messy divorce. I have made it my mission to help parents in southeast Missouri with their child custody and child support cases, getting them results that protect their rights and suit their children's needs.

Handling child custody disputes is the most rewarding and important part of my job. As a mother of four and a grandmother of one, I take great pride in negotiating arrangements and winning court orders that are best for children.

I am a family law attorney with more than 25 years of experience, and I know how to fight for my clients. You can count on me for straight answers, honest opinions and aggressive, unwavering support in family law matters related to:

Options For Unmarried Parents

I often handle child custody and support issues as part of a divorce, but more and more people are having children out of wedlock and this results in unique legal challenges when parents split up. I have extensive experience helping unmarried parents protect their rights and their children.

Married men are assumed to be the father of any child born in wedlock, and they automatically have rights and responsibilities to any such children. Unmarried men, however, have no automatic parental rights or responsibilities.

  • Are you an unmarried father who wants custody or visitation rights? Even if you are currently paying child support, you have no legal right to see your child or make decisions about his or her upbringing unless you establish paternity.
  • Are you an unmarried mother who needs to obtain child support? You may need to file a paternity action.

I help clients on all sides of these cases. As your lawyer, I will help you understand your rights and options and work to get the best outcome for you and your children.

Talk To A Lawyer Who Can Protect Your Parental Rights

I represent clients throughout Ste. Genevieve County, St. Francois County, Perry County and the surrounding areas. Call my office at 573-303-3015 or contact me by email to arrange a free initial consultation.